Prior to your Initial Consultation
1. New Patient Health Questionnaires
You will be required to complete these questionnaires in advance of your Initial Consultation for the reason that it takes careful consideration and a considerable amount of time to precisely complete these forms. During your Initial Consultation, your QIM Doctor will discuss the information contained within your Questionnaires and ask questions to gain further information where necessary. This information helps to identify potential factors contributing to the root cause of your illness.
The Online Nutritional Analysis and New Patient Health Questionnaires provide essential information to enable your QIM Doctor to efficiently conduct your comprehensive Nutritional, Environmental, Lifestyle and Functional Medicine health assessment. If these are not completed prior to your Initial Consultation, our Reception Team will contact you to reschedule your appointment to allow more time for completion.
2. What to bring to your Initial Consultation
GP Clinical Summary where available.
Copies of your recent blood test results, x-ray/scan reports plus any functional medicine test results.
During your Initial Consultation
Your comprehensive Nutritional, Environmental, Lifestyle and Functional Medicine health assessment will include:
- Comprehensive Health and Nutritional History
- Environmental Toxin Exposure History
- Symptom Screening
- Specific Allergy, Adrenal, Mental Health, Thyroid, Hormonal Imbalance, Heavy Metal Symptom Questionnaires
- Comprehensive Physical Examination
- Appropriate Pathology Investigations that may include: Routine blood tests; Micronutrient analyses (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids); Environmental Toxic Burden analysis (heavy metals, pesticides, food allergy / sensitivities, food chemicals); Functional testing of the Gut and Liver; Antioxidant Status; Salivary / Urinary / and Blood Hormonal Levels (cortisol, oestrogen, testosterone, DHEAS, thyroid ), Organic Acid analysis to check efficiency of metabolic pathways, Genetic Profiling, Cognitive functioning etc
Your Personalised Health Management Plan
Towards the end of your consultation, your QIM Doctor will formulate a Personalised Health Management Plan (PHMP). This may include:
- Core Lifestyle Interventions (diet, exercise, stress management)
- Specific Biochemical support (enhanced lifestyle interventions, high quality toxin free oral or intravenous vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, fatty acids, accessory nutrients and herbs) based on a careful analysis of your micronutrient status. Sometimes the specific nutrients required for your health condition (especially Mental Health issues) which need to be compounded by a Pharmacy to ensure you receive the specific nutrient combination at the right dose based on your weight).
- Enhancement of Gut (digestion, absorption, excretion, immunity) and Liver (detoxification) functions
- Elimination of Chronic Infections
- Desensitisation of Allergies
- Excretion of Environmental Toxins (oral or intravenous chelation / detoxification)
- Correction of Hormonal Imbalance
- Support of Methylation pathways
- Optimisation of Oral Health (www.newdirectionsdentistry.com.au)
- Healthy mindset and Behavioural change strategies