Integrative Medicine Doctor Services
QIM applies evidence based Integrative Nutritional, Environmental, Lifestyle and Functional Medicine interventions to manage many chronic illnesses including but not limited to:
- ADHD, ASD, Behavioural & Learning Disorders in Children
- Allergies, sensitivities and food intolerances
- Anxiety, Depression, Psychosis, Pyrroluria, Undermethylation, Overmethylation, Copper toxicity, other biochemical imbalances, behavioural problems (Walsh Research Institute trained)
- Autoimmune Conditions (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Thyroid, Colitis etc)
- Cancer (Comprehensive Integrative Management of Cancer)
- Chemical and Food Sensitivity
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Infections
- Digestive Disorders (including IBS, Colitis, Dybiosis, Parasite infection, Food Intolerances etc)
- Environmental Toxicity (including Mercury, Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic, Aluminium, Nickel and Mould Biotoxins)
- Chronic Pain/Fibromyalgia
- Women's health including Preconception, Fertility and Pregnancy care, Hormonal issues (bioidentical hormones utilised where appropriate)
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy support
- Thyroid and Adrenal problems
- Weight Management (tailored programs)
Optimally resourcing your body's Biochemistry through a fundamental change in diet (organic, low inflammatory, hypoallergenic, and alkaline based) plus specific supplementation (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and accessory nutrients), and judicial use of Herbs.
- Identification and elimination of environmental toxins (Heavy Metals including Mercury and Lead, Pesticides, Chemicals, Mould Biotoxins etc) through oral and intravenous (IV) chelation/detoxification
- Identification and elimination Chronic Infection
- Identification and avoidance or desensitisation of specific food and airborne allergies and reactive food chemicals
- Identification and avoidance of potentially unsafe levels of electro magnetic fields.
The scientific evidence base for the effectiveness and safety of this integrative approach is strong. Nutritional, Environmental, Lifestyle and Functional Medicine treatments can be safely combined with orthodox Medical treatments for many serious diseases. Both quality of life and clinical outcomes can be improved.
- Lifestyle Medicine is foundational to the practice of Medicine.
- Our patients receive coaching in making healthier lifestyle and dietary choices.
- Personalized recommendations may include addressing diet, adequate hydration, restorative sleep, appropriate physical activity, reduction in intake or minimizing exposure to toxic substances (eg cigarettes / smoke / alcohol / environmental toxins), adequate sun exposure, stress management, and or social factors.
- For many, adhering to Lifestyle Medicine principles may be adequate to treat, manage, and optimize health. For those with more complex chronic diseases, in addition to Lifestyle Medicine, a more integrative approach using Nutritional and Environmental Medicine principles and other treatment modalities may be necessary to bring recovery and optimization of health.
- We work with our clinical nutritionist, dentist and other health professionals and specialists to provide a more integrative approach for our patients.